Friday, August 11, 2006

What's New with DIY-Music, DIY Revolution and Me, DIY-Danna

Don't worry - real local music news, previews, and reviews are coming soon!






Find out why I posted these three pics in forthcoming blogs.

This is Danna Williams. a.k.a. diy-danna, and I want to apologize for not keeping this blog up to date. Due to personal and professional issues, I neglected this site, and it needs to be revived. A lot of great things have happened since January to me as a writer and music lover. My interview with Imogen Heap made the cover of Hyperactive Music Magazine's March/April issue, just in time for SxSW. Check it out at my new web site: Imogen Heap Speaks for Herself.
And I got to meet and talk with three talented young men from Sunderland, U.K., Field Music. They officially became my favorite new pop group from across the Atlantic during SxSW. I'm still interviewing musicians (everyone from Assacre to Zykos), writing articles and cd reviews, and of course hearing good music right here in Austin, TX.

DIY Revolution is still at MySpace.com, but will be limited to posting MySpace group member events only. The concept of the magazine, diy revolution, has made way for the birth of something new and different - the directory. Of course, the name is subject to change. There are a few people I need to consult with regarding operation and design. The online zine will be available in blog form no later than October through my official web site - diydanna.org - under the Quintessence Music link. Still under construction, Quintessence will be a directory itself, cataloguing mostly local artists and events.

I'm on the radio now, learning what it takes to be a host and dj on KOOP 91.7 FM's "ATX Live" (Saturdays 4-5 pm cst). To avoid becoming overwhelmed with writing, announcing, and attending local events, I devised a way to keep it all in check and provide a valuable service to local artists, musicians, and entertainers - an events calendar and message board!

This is the abbreviated music version of a bulletin and blog posted at MySpace this week:
Local Musicians, Promoters, Managers, Record Labels, Collectives, Organizations, and All DIY/Indie Music Lovers:

HELP!

Yeah - I'm calling for your help!



I'm a music journalist and radio dj-in-training based in Austin, TX overwhelmed by local music at MySpace.com. Visiting each and every local solo artist, band, label and collective (whew!) @ MySpace to get info for print, online and radio updates is very time-consuming...

Many of you know soloists or bands I don't, so I've started a calendar and message board for you to post shows, courtesy of diydanna.org.

Feel free to submit your upcoming music and music-related events or messages through the new site, or directly to

DIY/ATX EVENTS CALENDAR

or here if you want me to post it -

MUSIC MESSAGE BOARD/FORUM.

It's easy to use. Just click and submit!


You can also join diydanna's myspace group and post your events right here!
diy revolution

(By the way, the services I now provide through my web site and MySpace is free, with no spam or solicitation involved.)

The rules of the calendar and forum will be posted shortly (i.e. no spam, obscenity, etc.) but if you have any questions in the meantime please e-mail me - diydanna@yahoo.com.

Please re-post to spread the word to your friends!

Thanks for your support!

♥ & Music,

diy-danna
a.k.a.
Danna Williams
Local Music Lover & Writer


I'll be hitting on the art, film and theatre communities soon.

Some TV too!

Maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew at the moment, but I'm already seeing positive results with the DIY/ATX Calendar!

~ diy-danna

No comments: