Friday, August 18, 2006

Get Him Eat Him - Double The Pleasure This Saturday

Get Him Eat Him
Elevator music at Emo's?

This is a live music preview: Get Him Eat Him (Providence, RI) invades Austin, TX Saturday August 19, 2006 - first on your community radio station, KOOP 91.7 FM's "ATX Live" (co-hosted by yours truly), and then at Emo's with the Evangelicals of Norman, Oklahoma. Two hip Austin bands, The Lemurs, and Black Before Red, open the show.




Click on images for a full view.

The virtual posters I fashioned the other day were inspired by the bands' myspace sites, and I'm quite proud of my handiwork, considering the technical limitations of freeware and my own lack of graphic design skills.

The show at Emo's in Austin promises to be electric. Indie rock, new wave, soul, with electronic elements that won't overshadow the raw, organic power of guitar, bass, drums, and vocals.

Breaking Live Music News: I just heard on 101X that Emo's is expanding! There will be a branch of the club outside Las Vegas, Nevada. Half the booking will still be done from Austin. My fingers are crossed for my favorite local musicians who tour out west. It should be a treat for indie rock & hip hop fans over there.

Oh - get a sneak preview of the bands playing Emo's this Saturday:
Get Him Eat Him is from Providence, Rhode Island, which is also the home of Brown University, The Farrelly Brothers, and sandwiches...

The Evangelicals aren't preachers but they want to save our souls with rock 'n' roll.

The Lemurs are from right here in the 512. I've never heard them live, but have an inkling I'm gonna enjoy their performance...

Black Before Red is another awesome, locally based band.

~ diy-danna

What I'm Listening to now: New music from The Mars Volta on 101X baby! Further proof that sometimes local radio doesn't suck.

No comments: