Friday, January 13, 2006

SxSW Music Fest List Update by Angrybot.net

Whoa - check this out: A user friendly list of soloists and bands appearing at SxSW @ angrybot.net. The list at www.sxsw.com is a bit of a jumble compared to this neat html friendly list. Please note that this list is subject to change. I'm just happy I will see Zom Zoms @ SxSW after missing them last year. (OK, it's official - as of 5:25 PM I crossed the line from music blogger to bonafide groupie.)
There are more than a few bands I'm eager to see this year. Let's cross our fingers and hope all the V.I.P.'s don't freeze us commoners out of shows. On a positive note, there will be more unofficial showcases this year with bands you would expect to see and hear at SxSW. makes me wonder about a selection committee that chooses Peaches over my favorite band from Houston, TX - Bring Back The Guns. Someone sent me a link to her web site, and I was like, "Wow - Peaches is the German Lil' Kim - only she's really terrible!" I tried to listen to her duet with Iggy Pop, but couldn't get through the first minute without wondering if Iggy had lost his F@#!ing mind. And that seemed like the best song on the her web site. SxSW really has lowered its standards. And don;t let me get started on The Tuna Helpers. I really tried to like them when I first heard them at Room 710. I really tried. But I guess I'm not a real woman. Everyone I talk to loves them. But I just don't. I'd rather listen to Adrian & The Sickness or Ignitor. Now those chicks rock!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, fellow DIY-Blogger. I am a DIY Rockstar, while you are DIY Music, but it's all good.