Sunday, August 28, 2005

My Last CD Review @ DIY-Music!


The decision was made about a month ago - to split up CD and live show reviews, or rather, have a different p.o.v. in preparation for defining the look of my future zine (and eventual magazine). I thought it would be best to end blog reviews of CDs altogether since I'm doing reviews for other print and online magazines (for legal and personal reasons). So I'm pulling the plug on the CD blog reviews.

But on second thought, that's too extreme. There are a lot of CDs I wouldn't be reviewing in magazines or other web sites that would probably get ignored. So instead of killing the CD reviews I'm officially splitting one blog into two. DIY-Music will be dedicated to "objective" live shows and behind the scene reports of indie/underground/d-i-y music. And one "CD of the Month" review. Kill The Critic will be dedicated to honest and entertaining CD reviews, from brand new releases to classic reissues. Occasionally I'll put my two cents in about live shows. So Things That Go Pop is my last review on this blogger. (Check them out below! :-) I'd like to thank them and the other artists (you know who you are) for supporting this site. I've had a few loyal readers who encouraged me to make the move to print media and I thank them also. No thanks to the spammers who "cleverly" waste space in my comments sections. Ha-ha.

It has been fun, and I'll continue to blog about live shows and house parties I dare to attend from Austin, TX. This is supposedly the live music capital of the world, after all.

I will have at least 4 new music reviews posted at Kill The Critic this month. Check that out!

~ diy-danna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, diy-music,
Good blog. You’ve put lots of thought in here. It looks like we have an interest in common. If you are interested, go see my mobile entertainment related site. It’s totally focussed on the Zen Micro at the moment and is still growing. You may still find something of interest. Feel free to post a link to your site on my links pages.

Kerry

Anonymous said...

Hi, diy-music,
Good blog. You’ve put lots of thought in here. It looks like we have an interest in common. If you are interested, go see my mp4 related site. It’s totally focussed on the Zen Micro at the moment and is still growing. You may still find something of interest. Feel free to post a link to your site on my links pages.

Kerry